RP-X™ Racing Brake Pads
Following the hugely successful launch of RP-1™, EBC Brakes Racing increases its motorsport brake pad range with the introduction of our latest ultra-high-performance track & race material, RP-X™.
Designed for vehicles driven hard on track, RP-X™ possesses a high friction level of 0.55 between 0 – 750°C (Ambient – 1400°F) and achieves a 100% brake effect from cold. This makes RP-X™ an excellent choice for sprint racing or hill climb events, where full brake performance is essential without requiring any ‘warming up’, but also makes RP-X™ well suited to any type of circuit use where a high initial bite and powerful brake response is desirable.
EBC Racing would like to emphasise that it is not a case of RP-X™ being ‘better’ than RP-1™, rather it is ‘different’ and designed to provide a distinctly different response characteristic (more aggressive bite) which some drivers may prefer. For a detailed comparison between the 2 materials, please read the following article where we aim to help you make an informed choice on which material is likely to work best for your application and individual driving style.
- Made 100% in EBC Brakes’ Bristol, UK pad factory
- Stainless steel backing plates (reduced heat conduction, no paint)
- Backplates feature Nucap® NRS® hook pad retention system
- Excellent pad life with moderate disc life
- NOT R90 approved for road use in European markets
- Made with Nucap NRS hooks on backplates to totally eliminate the chance of pad debond.